Sunday 24 August 2008

Michael Phelps' Gold Medal Playlist


With a record breaking 8 Olympic gold medals to his name, Michael Phelps has perhaps done for the sport of swimming what Tom Cruise did for pilots following the success of Top Gun!


Images of 23-year-old Phelps zoning out before each race with his iPod, headphones plugged into his ears, are now parting of Olympic history. And the earth would like to know--what exactly was he hearing to?

"I'm a huge fan of rap music, " the swimming champ told OK!. "Before a race, I usually listened to Biggie, Jay-Z, DMX or 50 Cent."

Michael told the Today Show on August 12, "What did I feature on today? I think I had Lil Wayne's "I'm Me". I think I had that on there."

Phelps likewise revealed he's been listening to the rap hymn "Go Getta" by Young Jeezy.










More information